Thursday 10 October 2019

Platypus



Here's a fun, random story I often tell when speaking, perfect for JS Awareness Month.

My very first word was platypus.  Not dog, cat, Mama, or Dada. Platypus!

It took me longer to speak. Sign language was used a lot, but no words.

 When I was little, I would often need chest physio and/or a nebulizer mask to help with breathing issues. Doctors had told my parents to get into a regular routine with this, so they decided to do it while watching nature programs like Nova or National Geographic.

Even though I couldn't speak, my memory and other cognitive abilities were fine, so after routinely being exposed to TV shows about animals, out came "platypus" one day, at random! At least, that's how the doctors figured it happened.

Just something I thought people might enjoy.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment