Saturday 20 April 2019

No News Is Good News



I had considered this as a New Year's resolution, but now I've fully decided to lessen the amount of news I take in.

It's just way too depressing and aggressive lately!

Tonight for example, the nightly news featured, in a row, stories about violent protests in France, a terrorist attack in Ireland that took the life of a young journalist, and the sentencing of an American couple who tortured their children.

Great stuff to cap the week off with, right??

Everything else has become pretty dull too. I'm not a sports fan, with the occasional exception of movie reviews, I find entertainment news too boring or too gossipy, and whatever comic strips I like, I can (and often do) read them online.

If something monumentally important happens in the world, I'll tune in, but otherwise it's positive stuff and the usual, faithful geek news (comics, science, etc.) from here on out.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment