Friday 29 March 2019

Gettin' Out 2019


Had my first day downtown of 2019 this afternoon, and it was a great one! A nice Spring day before Winter 3.0 hits us with more snow and freezing rain over the weekend.

Got a haircut, went and bought a couple months-worth of comics to catch up on, then went for lunch and a latte.

Not doing TCAF this year because of cost and other trips to save for, so I think I'm going to plan to do lots in and around the city instead.

Ottawa holds a Writers Fest each year and just released their newest lineup. Some pretty good-looking books and authors being showcased, so I might try and get to a couple of those. Also, I just found out that the city has a Grilled Cheese Fest, so definitely will be going to that!

I've come to realize how much I've valued TCAF as a way to do something totally on my own, so I'm thinking of taking one day a month for the Spring and Summer as a "me day", doing some of the things I just wrote about, browsing around a book store, going to a movie (though that'll probably be with others), or even just getting a cab downtown after work if it's nice.

Lots of ideas, so I really hope Mother Nature is listening and chooses to be kind.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment