Wednesday 1 August 2018

Afternoon Convergences


Yesterday was one of those great, rare days when everything just came together for the best.

I had planned to attend a dinner event in the evening and had booked Para Transpo to pick me up after work, and drop me off near the restaurant and pick me up later to go home.

About halfway through the morning, I just up and decided to cancel those pick ups, be a little spontaneous, and travel independently. After work, I phoned a cab and got a quick ride downtown. Now, normally I have Para Transpo booked for 3:30 and the usually come around 4ish. Yesterday, in the time it would've taken me to sit outside work and wait for Para, I was already downtown with a cold drink in my hand, finishing off a good book! Just prior to meeting people for dinner, I took advantage of the nice and not-too-humid weather and walked to the comic shop, using money that I had actually worked for (!!!) to treat myself to a new Suicide Squad book!

After the event, I did something I've only ever done once before: I took the bus home at night, on my own! I got home just in time to participate in a JS board meeting/conference call, so I could add a bit of advocacy to a day that already included work, comics, and independent adventures!

Not something that's going to happen often (Para Transpo can get crabby after too many cancellations), but it was nice to have a day where everything synced up so nicely.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment