Saturday 21 October 2017

Been Busy

Blogtober took a bit of a hiatus for about a week due to a lot of different things happening all at once here.

Aside from some fun and travels over the Thanksgiving long weekend, I also had an appointment with my ophthalmologist. Went well and I actually made it out under the three-hour mark (yay!)

This past week, I finally met with a job coach from Live Work Play, the organization I recently switched to for help looking for work. It was promising. Together, we filled out profile (closest thing I can think of) for myself, which listed my skills, experience, what people seem to like about me, and any specific accommodations that would make employment easier for me, which was something new.

Overall, the process and Live Work Play's approach are quite different to what I've experienced before, but made me feel more at ease. Instead of sending me job ads, or applying to them on my behalf, the organization has someone who works with employers to actually create jobs. Then, that person meets the job coaches, and jobs are matched with appropriate clients. Like I said, very different. But, if it gets me a job, then I'm more than okay with it.

And I recently found a sci-fi/fantasy book club here in Ottawa. I just stumbled upon it one night after deciding that I wanted to do something to get out more and meet people. I've already RSVP'd to a couple meetings, so hopefully it'll turn into something fun!

And now, Blogtober marches onward.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment