Thursday 24 November 2016

How It Goes

Because this post needed a photo, and mammoths are awesome
Trump and bullying aren't exactly the greatest topics to leave people with for the better part of a month, but I've been a little busy.

After a break for a few months, I've started to look for work again. Only this time, I'm seeing about getting some help from the employment centre where I did my placement. I've inquired about how I could do this, but I suspect it'll be slow going until after the holidays, so more on this if/when it happens.

I've also got a speaking opportunity lined up for the winter! It'll be with the Social Work class I spoke to last autumn, on a panel about family and disability.

And if that wasn't enough, just last week I went in for surgery. It was to get a new set of tubes put in my ears. The tubes are supposed to help with drainage and typically last three to four years. I've had multiple sets and many surgeries throughout my life, so it was nothing. Went in Friday morning, out by that evening. Some soup, ginger ale, and cartoons and I was up and moving by Saturday afternoon!

But, as I posted the first of the month, I have still been writing a lot. Just more free writing than I figured. I'm working on a few posts which I'll publish ASAP, and I've been thinking of some changes I want to make to the book which is still going to happen at some point.

All of this plus half my Christmas shopping done!

Cheers until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment