Friday 6 November 2015

The Book - This Is Seriously Happening Now



I've been sitting on this for a couple months now, and posted about it on here more than once, and now I think it's finally time to start writing this book!

It's going to be about transitioning to adulthood with a disability, but focusing more on the "softer" side of things. This means that I've decided not to write a lot about healthcare, pensions, and other things that would be technical or really person or location-specific.

Instead, I'm going to write about topics that are kind of more universal. Some of the things I'm including for sure are subjects I've already written about on here, like bullying, getting out on your own (work, volunteering, or whatever) and feeling comfortable with your disability. I'm just maybe going to expand on them a bit.

I'm mulling over other topics like dealing with family, using social media, and possibly something about being diagnosed at an older age. Probably going to post some of these on here first to see what people think.

I'm planning on posting a sample intro on here hopefully by the end of the month, and as usual I'll post updates as things happen.

And now I've actually committed to this. Gotta say, I'm nervous but super-excited to start writing!

Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment