Monday 5 January 2015

2015 Resolutions

A lot already coming down the pipes for the new year, but there are definitely a few things I want to accomplish for 2015.

1) Travel more

I've been averaging about one small travel opportunity per year for the last couple of years, and now I think I want to do a bit more. I've got plans for going to Chicago this summer, and maybe a family trip down South next Christmas, apart from that, who knows? Maybe something comic-related.

2) Write some fiction

Before I started getting further into the blogging and articles, I was writing fiction. I took Scriptwriting a few years ago, where I wrote a one-act play, the gist of a movie, and a pitch for an original TV series. After graduation, I e-mailed the play around and got some good advice, but no takers. The TV series, which was about cryptozoology and monsters, I adapted into an idea for my own comic book, which I've always wanted to do. I pitched it to a local publisher, and they liked the idea but the story itself needed work. I've been working at it/sitting on it since.

Anyway, writing articles and blog posts has given me enough of a break from fiction that my creative juices are flowing again, and I've come up with a couple of new ideas. I'm really partial to one in particular, and am going to follow through with it. I'll post updates on here as things come along.

3) Home care

This year, I plan to finally suck it up and see if I can get someone to come in and help me with a few small things on a regular basis. I've tried a couple times before, with no real luck. Now, with some help and new information, I'll try again.

And, those are the major goals I want to try and reach for this year. We'll see how things go...

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment