Wednesday 14 June 2023

Breaking the Routine

 


As part of a Public Service week, a pizza/doughnut lunch was held at work this afternoon. I was invited by my manager yesterday and initially considered not attending, having had homecare booked for Wednesday afternoons. 

I hummed and hawed internally for a few minutes, then went "the heck with it!", cancelled homecare, rescheduled Para Transpo for pick-ups this morning and afternoon instead of Thursday, and accepted the invitation. 

Lunch was good, even though the pizza was not. Green olives, onion, and bacon are a very questionable combination. 

Instead, I grabbed a nice pretzel bun, some charcuterie bits, and hummus to make a decent little sandwich, with melon, some kind of amazing doughnut (frosting and graham bits, so s'mores maybe??), and a ginger ale. Snuck a cookie on the way out later on.

And as a bonus, I got to meet my new manager in person.

The weather could've been nicer and the ride home was a little crazy, but all in all a nice deviation from the same old, same old.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment