Monday 3 May 2021

Flawless Victory!

 


It finally happened.

For the first time since January of 2020, I actually saw a newly-released feature film!

Our cable service got early access to the Warner Bros movies I wrote about a couple months ago. Last month was Kong versus Godzilla, which I opted to wait for. This month, however, was Mortal Kombat, and I was NOT missing out.

It cost quite a bit extra to rent, but I didn't have to pay for snacks, the commute was just a quick trip down to my basement, and I was able to wear my pajamas and pause for bathroom breaks!

The movie was good. Fast-paced, campy, and brutal, which is exactly what Mortal Kombat should be. My only complaint is that I felt they could've toned down the swearing a couple notches. I'm desperately hoping for a sequel, since it sets one up nicely.

I'm still longing for the full cinema experience, but after this weekend I think the "I want to see a movie" saga can take a break for a while.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment