Wednesday 4 November 2020

My Achievements List

 


I wrote a post recently about going through a bit of a slump. I think after nearly three quarters of a year, I can finally say that this pandemic sucks!

A little while ago, the slump turned into doubt, and I couldn't stop thinking about everything I haven't been able to do recently, and might not be able to do for a long while. 

During a moment of clarity, I decided to get positive. Instead of dwelling on the negative and everything I can't do, I wrote up a list of all my greatest achievements, big and small, going from getting my black belt in Taekwondo at seventeen, right up to attending CORD's Rare Disease Day conference this past March. 

Staycations, vacations, comic conventions, things I've written, college, jobs, volunteering, disability-related gigs and events, they all made the list.

It was a really helpful little exercise, and I've looked back at it a few times, for continued positivity, and to add the odd thing I might have forgotten. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment