Friday 8 November 2019

Pre-winter Preemptive Strike


Well, the snow is back in Ottawa.

It happened yesterday during the wee hours of the morning, continued as a mini-blizzard later on (perfect timing for the ride to work), and ended early in the afternoon.

I knew it was coming, having replaced my sandals with boots the night before just in case, but it still deflated me just a little.

Before conditions get too bad, or I get too mopey, I’ve come up with a plan to stave off most of the winter blues.

I’ve decided, and cleared with my manager, to work every second Friday until Christmas to make up a couple days I took of earlier in the fall. The alternating Fridays, if I’ve got nothing going on, I’ll take as a reading day, booking Para Transpo to a nearby spot to just get out and relax for a bit. I may continue the reading days into the New Year, too, just for something to do.

Seemed to work last year.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment