Thursday 30 November 2017

The Good Doctor Is Pretty Good, I Guess


A while ago, I wrote about my rather negative opinion of new show The Good Doctor.

After reading a pretty nasty opinion piece on an other disability website that made mine look absolutely glowing, I decided to give The Good Doctor a second chance and watched an episode.

While it's not something I'd get invested in, the show was pretty good. The autism stuff is a unique hook and Freddie Highmore comes off as a  pretty good actor. In general, it's a decent medical drama.

I think what got me so riled up in the first place were the previews and initial reviews. The previews seemed to focus too much on the lead's autism and reviews were kind of sappy, going on too much (in my opinion) about inspiration. Too many bad disability cliches.

The truth is The Good Doctor is just a show and I jumped the gun and was maybe too quick to judge.

Kind of glad I was wrong.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment