Wednesday 6 May 2015

Making a List, Checking It Twice


No, I don't suddenly think I'm Santa. What I AM doing is getting things ready for a solo trip to Toronto for a comic book convention this weekend.

I find that it's a big help to write things down. Create lists, post reminders, set up schedules. In this case it's helping me keep track of what I need to take with me, but I use this method for other things, too.

One aspect of my disability is that I learn through habitual behaviour so I need to get into a routine when it comes to tasks others might take for granted like doing certain household chores or even just getting up at a certain time in the morning. So, to help, I write things down. It works pretty well and as an added bonus, I finally have a use for all the notepads and post-it pads I've "collected" from conferences and hotels over the years.

 
And I will definitely post about my trip next week!

Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment