Sunday 22 September 2024

Work Series: Work as Respite

 



I'm grateful for every bit of help I receive on a daily basis, and for those who give it, but the regular routine of family, work, supports like homecare and Para Transpo and, depending on the time of year, medical/care appointments, can get overwhelming. It doesn't take long before I find I need a break.

I've been fortunate to have been able to work right in the heart of downtown Ottawa for the past two years, where there's lots to see and do. Plenty of opportunities to get out and be on my own for a bit.

Even if it's pushing my ride ahead in the morning or back in the afternoon by a half-hour to an hour before or after work, that's plenty of time for a decent walk or a chance to sit and read a chapter or two of a book with a nice drink. Those little moments make all the difference between sanity and frustration.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment