Friday 20 September 2024

Work Series: Drawing on Experience

 


For most jobs or opportunities I’ve applied to, I’ve never been able to go into much detail about past experience, since I either didn’t have any or it wasn’t very applicable.

 

While going through the process that led to my current Communications position at work, I was able to rely on pretty well everything, including public speaking, what little I did in Public Relations, and this blog! I was even asked for writing samples and sent links to some old disability articles.

 

Impressive as it was, it was also a slightly strange feeling. I’ve never been able to draw on so much before. And, weird as it may sound, I never really realized until this moment just how much I’ve done in my adult life.

 

A very amazing feeling, for sure.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment