Tuesday 15 October 2024

Return to The Scooterverse

 



Past Blogtobers, I'd have a lot more done and shared by now, but the month's been a wee bit busier than I anticipated with work and planning for some near-future events (speaking opportunity, work retreat, and a rock concert, all of which I will write about when done!)

The busyness though, has put me in an extra-creative sort of mood and sucked me back into The Scooterverse.

During the pandemic, I did a lot of free writing and creative challenges. One month, I combined ideas from a couple Scriptwriting projects like a one-act play and TV series-turned comic book pitch, as well as characters I created messing around on Heromachine, a character creation website that's sadly no longer functioning, to create my own fictional universe, The Scooterverse, writing profiles and mini origins for the various characters and creatures I made.

Suffering a bit of writer's block a couple weeks ago, I opened a few Scooterverse documents up and expanded on things here and there, just for fun. I've been writing since, and just turned one of my origins into a four-page story, The Trial of Sekhmet. Nothing to post, share, or submit anywhere (sorry), and could use polishing, but it looks pretty good!

I'll still try and write one or two Blogtober posts, but I also want to try and write at least one more story too.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment